Friday, February 28, 2014

Quick and Easy Bruschetta

I absolutely love bruschetta, it is one of my favorite dishes. To make the traditional tomato and basil bruschetta a little more filling, I like to add mozzarella. Then I have a quick, easy, and delicious lunch that will hold me over till dinner. Or until I open the fridge and see the chocolate chip cookie dough :p

12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half; you could also use one large tomato or 2 small ones cut into cubes
1/4 cup mozzarella, cut into cubes
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 large clove garlic, grated or finely minced
2 tbs. basil, chiffonade
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
3 slices crusty bread, 1/2 in thickness
Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing on the bread

Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Brush each slice of bread with a little olive oil on both sides. Place the bread in the skillet and let toast until it is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. 

While the bread is toasting, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.

Once the bread is toasted top with the bruschetta mixture and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment