Sunday, May 18, 2014

Panko-Crusted Salmon

I love fish...my husband does not, so I am always trying to find new recipes for fish that he likes and will eat again. I have made this salmon dish three times now, and each time he tells me, "I would eat this again." I think I have a winner on my hands! Panko-Crusted Salmon! 
The crunchy crust from the panko, combined with the refreshing flavors of parsley and lemon make this salmon dish absolutely delicious! I promise if you do not like fish, you will like this salmon. My husband can testify! 


4- 6oz. salmon fillets, skin removed
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Zest of one lemon
4 tbs. Dijon mustard
2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large, non-stick, oven safe skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. 

In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Mix well until combined. 

Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Brush one side of the salmon with one tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Repeat the same process with the remaining fillets. Evenly, top each salmon fillet with 1/4 cup of the breadcrumb mixture. Lightly press the breadcrumb mixture into the Dijon mustard to help the crust adhere to the salmon. 

Place the salmon in the skillet so the crust is on the top. Sear the salmon for 3-4 minutes. Then place the skillet in the oven and cook the salmon for an addition 5-7 minutes, or until it is fully cooked.

Serve over wild rice with a lemon wedge and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment